Monday, November 18, 2013

Recipe Review: Crispy Chicken


I remember my mom making this crispy chicken I always loved because it was so moist and I loved the crispy coating. I recently came across a similar recipe from Real Simple and it pushed me to make it. One trick I remember from my mom making it was using a stoneware piece. I recently got a stoneware platter from a friend who sells pampered chef. I haven’t used it as much as I should but it is great for making pizza and chicken. I know with the chicken it makes it a lot juicier. The recipe calls for crushed multigrain cereal flakes (I used corn flakes as that’s my moms recipe) and it is delicious! I highly suggest trying this recipe out, especially if you have picky eaters!
SONY DSC
Ingredients
  • 1 3 1/2-pound chicken, cut into 10 pieces and skin removed
  • 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 2 cups multigrain cereal flakes, crushed
  • 1 tablespoons olive oil
  • kosher salt and black pepper

Directions
  1. Heat oven to 400° F. In a large bowl, toss the chicken and mustard to coat.
  2. In a separate bowl, mix the cereal, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Coat the chicken with the cereal mixture and bake on a baking sheet until golden and cooked through, 45 to 50 minutes. This time varies greatly if you chicken is frozen or thawed and how big the pieces are. I cooked my thawed small pieces for 30 minutes and it was a tad too long.
Recipe from Real Simple

No comments:

Post a Comment