To fellow organizers (or wannabe organizers) out there, you know when you find a good box, basket, or container you just have to buy it and it doesn’t matter what you put in it. You will find a use for it. Well that happened to me the other day when I was at the Dollar Tree. I spotted a blue somewhat transparent pencil/crayon/marker box. Although I do have a wide array of pencils, colored pencils and special rendering markers from school (and scrapbooking) I did not need this box for those. I knew I had to have it and that it would serve a great purpose for something. I began thinking of what I could put in the container and decided to share some ideas with you guys.
- small tools or parts
- picture hooks and mounting supplies
- face wipes (for the gym) or baby wipes (for the car) they are really handy when your hands are dirty or you spill something!
- scrapbook supplies such as punches, stamps, ribbon or washi tape, cut outs, decorative flowers or other 3d decorations, scissors, adhesives, glitter, cricut cartridges, etc
- packets in the kitchen such as seasoning, mixes, and drink packets
- card games
- small toiletries (travel or sample size)
- makeup/makeup brushes
- nail polish/supplies
- perfume samples
- stockpile of extras (toothbrush, razers, soap, etc)
I’m pretty sure you now see how great this dollar find truly is. Plus, if you still can’t find a use for it after my many ideas, it was only a dollar. Do you have any other uses you can think of?