Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Recipe Review: Muddy Buddies

I was first introduced to this thing called muddy buddies by a dear friend of mine back in high school. I had never heard of such a thing or tried them, but after I did, I was in love with this sweet treat! I got the urge to make some muddy buddies, so I found the recipe, got the ingredients and whipped it up!

Gather your ingredients:
9 cups of any Chex brand cereal, I used Corn Chex
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar


1. Pour 9 cups of chex cereal into a large bowl
2. In a microwaveable bowl combine chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter


3. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave another 30 seconds or until mixture stirs smooth. This time greatly depends on the power of your microwave
4. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla to mixture and stir well
5. Pour the mixture over the cereal in the bowl and stir well until all pieces are evenly coated


6. Pour the mixture into two gallon size Ziploc bags, splitting evenly
7. Add 3/4 cup powdered sugar into each Ziploc bag
8. Seal the bag well then shake until all the pieces are evenly coated in the powder

(grr this won't upload the correct direction!)

9. Remove from bag and store in airtight container. You don't want to leave it in the same bags as they have chocolate and powder all over them!
Enjoy your treats! They are seriously delicious!

Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker


What have you been making lately? Any recipes you suggest I try or want me to review? I would love your suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment