Friday, January 3, 2014

Recipe Review: Pomegranate Mojito


Peterson's Perspective Recipe Review: Pomegranate Mojito
A new favorite drink of mine is the pomegranate mojito. I enjoyed making these for some friends over New Years Eve. I started with this recipe and then adapted it to my taste. I cut the sugar in half and it is still plenty sweet for me. Sometimes I add a few more mint leaves or more club soda. You will figure out what you like! Here is my modified recipe:

1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
12 mint leaves
6 tablespoons white rum
1/4 cup pomegranate juice
1/2 cup club soda

In a tall glass place the sugar, fresh squeezed lime juice and the mint leaves in the bottom. Use a muddler to mash up the mixture to release the flavors of the mint. Add the rum and pomegranate juice. I just used the bottled POM juice for mine. Fill the glass with lots of ice so you can keep this drink nice and cold. Top with club soda, I normally don’t measure this out and just do a little bit to fill it to the brim. Finish with a stir of the straw and sip away.

For those who don’t like pomegranate juice, omit the juice but add a bit more sugar, up to an extra half of a tablespoon, depending on your preference.

Peterson's Perspective Recipe Review: Pomegranate Mojito

No comments:

Post a Comment