My friends and I had another DIY gift exchange. The rules, you must make it and it must be under $10. You bring the number of gifts for the number of people that will be there, so in the end you get around 8 gifts if there were 8 people there. We did this last year and it was so fun seeing everyone's creativity! If you are looking for some quick inexpensive gifts to make, here’s some inspiration!
1. Vanilla extract
Made with vodka and vanilla beans
2. Chalkboard frame
Painted back of frame with chalkboard paint
3. Seashell airplant magnet
Hot glued a magnet on seashell, added airplant
4. Mini canvas flower art
Painted canvas, applied button and pieces of paper in flower design
5. Carmel corn in cute jar
Made carmel corn, attached recipe and added gingerbread man
6. Natural potpourri
This has orange, cranberry, and cinnamon to add to stove and simmer on Christmas morning
7. Infinity scarf
Sewed an infinity scarf! I’m in love with this!
8. Burlap mason jar candle holder
This is what I made for my friends and I will give you a quick tutorial.
- Clean out old jar, remove label, and if the expiration date is on the glass use a copper dish scrubber and hot water to scrub off the numbers
- Cut burlap to fit around the jar
- Cut lace to fit around jar on top of burlap
- Hot glue burlap and lace onto jar, be careful since burlap and lace has an open weave the glue easily comes through and can burn your fingers
- Cut a piece of twine and tie it around the jar in a bow
- Put a candle in the jar and you are done!
Hope this gives you some creative ideas for those last minute gifts!