Sunday, April 3, 2011

Update on Apartment Decor

So we are all moved into our apartment, yet it still feels so sparse. I need my picture frames, artwork and décor. I feel so overwhelmed with all the things I want and need. I'm not ready for anyone to come over and visit until it looks more like a home. All my friends know I'm a designer and expect a great space due to that, boy do I have my work cut out for me. 

Living Room
All I need is a floor lamp as there is no overhead light
A rug would be nice as well but I don't NEED one


Dining Room
This area has been quite the debate as Brian decided to buy a huge desk to put in there. This prohibits me from having my old dining room table. Luckily we have reached the point that he got rid of the corner piece and moved the return side of the desk into our bedroom. Thank goodness! So now we really need to find a tiny 2 person table possibly that extends. Hip has some great options but I'm not ready to shell out that much after my huge sectional purchase.  We also need some artwork that Brian likes and I can tolerate. I have a very cool acrylic wine rack that also needs to be hung.

Entryway
I have been looking everywhere for a sleek plain mirror with a wenge frame around it. Brian decided today that his original gansters painting would just be perfect for there. What do you think? Just kidding, it is not staying there!  I must find a mirror today to replace that thing. No Brian this is not your bachelor pad. 



Bathroom
The bathroom is basically complete I just need to steam my shower curtain as it is very wrinkly and get a new bath mat!


Bedroom
Oh the bedroom, probably the biggest disaster right now.  I currently have two tall dressers that don't match and no nightstands. Ideally I would like to get two nightstands and one large long dresser for Brian and I to share. We also need to go buy a tv for the bedroom. I also want some sort of shelving unit to store books/magazines/arts and crafts/decorations. Art work is a necessity for this space right now.  Yikes it is a disaster!


Well with that I better get started on some design projects! I'll keep you posted! 


6 comments:

  1. I love your furniture! That sofa looks super comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It is very comfortable and luxurious! I am very happy I "invested" in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hip of course! It is from a line called Gus Modern (gusmodern.com) Love their stuff!The wood is actually an african wood called Zebrano so its very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kind of figured it was from HIP. how much would it set me back though?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is $750.... I can cut you a good deal but still its a bit steep at our age!

    ReplyDelete