I have been using the plink garbage disposal cleaner but what’s better than something cheaper and better for the environment? So I found a great link telling me how to create these garbage disposal cleaners from Savvy Sugar. The only ingredients you need is:
- 3/4 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid dish soap
- 1 lemon
1. Mix together the baking soda and salt.
2. Add the dish soap, stirring it in.
3. Grate the lemon peel and stir into mixture.
4. Squeeze and mix approximately 3 tablespoons of lemon juice.
5. Scoop the mixture into a teaspoon and put onto parchment paper. Keep doing this until you have ran out of the mixture. Allow to dry overnight. The teaspoon was not working very well, so I rolled the mixture into balls.
6. Put the refreshers in a tightly sealed jar or container.
To use: When your sink is smelling funky or you think its time to give it a refresh, run your disposal with water for about a minute, then add the refresher and let the ingredients work its magic!